So, remember how I'd had my progesterone checked on Thursday, and went through the whole rigamarole to find out the results, since it was Christmas Eve? Well... At 7:30 tonight, one of the midwives called me - my more "regular" one (Megan), who I saw for my annual exam, and who I asked about testing my progesterone level... She said she was reviewing some labs, and that she wants me to start progesterone supplements because my result was 13.89 and they like to see it above 20.
Excuse me, but WTF?!?
I'm more than happy to use the supplements, and thank you to Megan for calling, but really?? Why was I given completely different information on Thursday??? If I'd known I should have been starting progesterone, I would much rather have already started it - on Thursday! That was the whole point of calling the lab to see if the results were in, calling the midwives' office and having the answering service page the on-call midwife at the hospital, having her call me not once but twice, with her consulting with yet another midwife (and one I usually really like - Margi) between our first and second calls. The on-call midwife only told me my exact level when I asked (before that she just said it was "normal") and also said that blood progesterone levels don't even tell them much, it changes often and rapidly, etc. I don't remember the name of the on-call midwife, but I told Megan that I'd spoken with her, and that she'd spoken with Margi, and what they'd said. Megan said she didn't see a record of that phone call. Unbelievable! I've always liked this midwife practice, but this pisses me off!
Interestingly, Megan is prescribing "natural" progesterone instead of Crinone, and I have to pick it up at a compounding pharmacy tomorrow. I didn't even know there was a natural option. She said it's more recommended than synthetic, so I'm going with it. I briefly toyed with the idea of using Crinone tonight only, since I have a local SMC's leftovers from our big swap at our December meeting. But, I figure it's been this long, I might as well wait until tomorrow and just do the natural stuff.
This IUI has me on a pretty big roller coaster already, so we'll see what fun progesterone adds. I developed the mild symptoms on day 5, and they intensified on day 6 (yesterday). But then something very strange happened last night... I either had a dream or this actually happened sometime during the night, and I don't know which! But the dream/actual event was this: I had strong cramps, and then just "knew" that it was over. Like I actually felt it stop working and die. I wouldn't put it past my body for this to have actually happened, since I somehow seem to be SO in tune with all the symptoms and everything. I just can't figure out if this really happened or not. It definitely seemed real, but it could have just been a very real-feeling dream. And then when I woke up, my breasts were noticeably less sore than they were last night. So I figured - it's over.
But then somehow later in the day today, my breasts seemed to get somewhat more sore. Not as much as late in the day yesterday, but definitely more than this morning. I looked back at my blog, and apparently when I was pregnant with Jordyn my breasts would be more sore at night than earlier in the day. So, who knows. I'm having some cramping this evening, but it feels exactly the same as last month's cramping. I just hope if it is/was going to work, that the progesterone isn't too late to help!!
Fingers crossed for you! (Though I'd take the "natural is better" with a grain of salt - and go ahead and use the crinone you have available before spending your money on something else. :) )
ReplyDeleteOh boy - TTC is such a mind F, isn't it? I hope this one sticks!
ReplyDeletelive 173影音live秀-日本一對一視訊聊天室
ReplyDelete網路聊天交友-免費同城交友聊天室
網路交友聊天-美女秀聊天室破解版
聊天話題-台灣裸聊免費視頻
撩妹金句-台灣裸聊入口網站
撩妹語錄-台灣裸聊平台
免費交友網站-免費在線裸聊視頻
真愛旅舍約炮交友聊天室
台灣真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍真人秀聊天室