Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feeling Movement

I'm pretty sure I've been feeling the baby move for 2 or 3 weeks now. I guess it's those "flutters" everyone talks about, although I'm not sure that's the word I'd use to describe it. And it was very random, once every so often, and usually when I was purposely focusing on it (i.e. I'd lie down and close my eyes and focus on my belly and see if anything happened, usually after eating an orange or something). But anytime I thought maybe I felt something, by the time I processed that, it was over, and then wouldn't happen again right away. So I was never really 100% sure.

But last night I absolutely definitely felt movement, multiple times, and even with my hand! I was lying on the couch, and I felt several kicks (I assume), very low, like just above my pubic bone. I put my hand there, pressed down, and waited, and I felt at least 4 or 5 kicks within a minute or two. And then the whole thing repeated itself a few minutes later.

It was very cool. I think I've started to kind of connect with the baby. Bonding, I guess? Like, my dog and my cat were both sitting near/on me, and I was petting them, and I said something about "my girls", originally meaning the dog and cat, who are both female. But then I corrected myself, and said, "all three of you", and kind of patted my belly, too. :)

I guess this means it's starting to feel more "real"?! But I must say, the fact that there's a teeny tiny human swimming around in my belly just completely
BLOWS. MY. MIND!!!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't feeling the baby so cool!!! I love to know that he is safe and sound in there, the flip side now is when I don't feel him for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete