I've been trying to figure out how to make it possible to reply to comments on my blog, and I think I just finally figured it out. Yay! I also changed a setting so that my blog isn't findable by search engines, which I think means I no longer need to put random periods in the middle of certain words so that it doesn't pop up on search engines when someone googles "sleepsuit" or whatever. Double yay!
***********************************
Jordyn woke up today with another tooth just poking through her gum. Weirdly, it's another bottom tooth, so she now has three on the bottom, and still none on the top. I was expecting a top middle tooth next, but I guess she's going against the grain!
***********************************
She also has a cold. Again. This is her third one since December, I think, although it may still be the second one that just got worse. I think she may have caught it from my dad. :( The good thing is, so far when she's been sick, she hasn't gotten a fever, and seems to still feel ok. She just gets very congested with a post-nasal drip and therefore a cough. The amount of snot I get out of her nose with the snotsucker... Ok, enough about that!
She also had a stomach bug a month or so ago. She was having multiple "poopsplosions" a day, with this liquidly neon-yellow-ish poop. It got to the point that when we left the house (I didn't know it was a bug at first, and thought it was something I was feeding her), I took a bag with extra clothes, diapers, and wipes, because I couldn't fit enough in the diaper bag to feel comfortable that I had enough!). She never vomited, which is why I didn't realize it was a bug until I finally called and spoke to her doctor's nurse. She also acted totally fine with that, and never had a fever or anything. I hope she continues to handle illness so well!
Thursday, March 21st - Edited to Add: I spoke too soon. Jordyn woke up this morning with a fever of 100.5. :( I gave her tylenol, which worked after a while, and she seemed to feel a little better. But she coughed many, many times during the night, waking herself up briefly each time, I think, but she quickly fell back to sleep on her own. She's still coughing, her nose is stuffy and also running, and she tipped over while sitting on the floor this morning and bumped her head on the doorframe (not too hard, but still). Today is just not her day!
***********************************
I *finally* got a haircut today. I needed one so badly I was ready to shave my head! I hadn't had one since I was on maternity leave, so it's been around 5 months or so. I'd decided a while back to let my highlights grow out, and my hair was two-tone, since my natural color had grown in oh, about six inches! My stylist did this color thing today to help it all look the same color, which I may need to do just one more time until the highlights are all grown out. It looks *so* much better now! My mom babysat, and then we went through some clothes when I got home, to figure out what I have in the next size (I have a lot of random hand-me-downs). I can't believe Jordyn's wearing mostly 9 months clothes, and getting closer to needing 12 months!
**********************************
Jordyn often falls asleep for the night while drinking her bedtime bottle. I know, I know... this is bad. Or, it at least isn't good. Her pediatrician said I shouldn't let her do that, and that I should actually be brushing or wiping her teeth with a wet washcloth each night after her last bottle. Yeah, right! That would totally wake her back up, even if wasn't asleep but just sleepy. No way am I doing that right now.
However, tonight, although her eyes were closed during parts of the bottle, she popped them open as soon as it was empty, and when I stood up with her, she actually started bouncing and kicking her legs. She *never* does that! Even if she's still awake, she's usually so sleepy that she puts her head on my shoulder and falls at least halfway to sleep while I'm burping her. I was pretty sure it was going to be a hellacious - and long - bedtime, with her crying when I laid her down, it taking forever to get her to sleep. But no. I held and rocked her in my arms for a few minutes, then said what I say every time I put her down to sleep - "I love you very, very much. You have a good sleep." - and laid her down. She was wide awake and started to kick her legs, but she didn't cry. I sat down in the glider, so she may have felt my presence, but she couldn't see me. I didn't shush or sing or anything. I played on my phone for a few minutes, figuring it was a matter of time before she started to cry (which is how things go at bedtime sometimes). And, about 7-8 minutes later... she fell asleep. I couldn't believe it, but there it was. ***Triple yay!***
(Yes, she's in her sleepsuit. I still haven't decided what to try to do about that, except that I've started to leave the zippers down partway in an attempt to wean her off it.)
great news on her putting herself to sleep!
ReplyDeleteas for the teeth... well, i wouldn't let her sleep with a bottle in her crib, but i wouldn't get too crazy with it just yet. but encouraging her to not eat last thing might be a good habit, anyway. i gradually moved Calliope's nursing forward, then brushed teeth, then read a couple books. but not until she was an older baby... I don't remember how old J is.
ETA in case I wasn't clear, I am NOT saying you would put her down with a bottle. I know you wouldn't. I was saying that anything short of that would be fine.
DeletePoor thing, being sick and bonking her head :( At least she went to sleep like a champ ;)
ReplyDelete