Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oh, Jordyn... Thank You!!!

Jordyn slept like a champ last night!

The babysitter and I texted a lot during the evening after Jordyn went to sleep, as I was really curious how sleep was going, and wanted to try to figure out how bad the night was going to be when I got home from work. My dad had also offered to check in with the babysitter around 9:30, and possibly pick Jordyn up and take her back to my parents' house, and I would just go there after work. That way, he could help with Jordyn overnight, and I could get more sleep. I wasn't really wanting to sleep over there again, but it's hard to say no to the offer for help.

Anyway, the babysitter put Jordyn down around 8:15 or so, and said she initially slept for 10 minutes and then woke up fussing, but not crying. She asked if I wanted her to give her Tylenol. I told her to wait a few minutes and see if Jordyn continued to fuss, really started to cry, or maybe even fell back to sleep on her own. And, lo and behold, she actually did fall back to sleep!

And continued to sleep All. Night. Long!!!!!!!!!!!

She cried out in her sleep briefly around 3:30 and woke me up, but I checked the video monitor and saw that she was still asleep, and she quickly stopped crying out.

And then she woke up at 7:15.

HALLELUJAH!!!

I really think the problem was that she didn't feel good, since she had a cold. I think the fevers, although low-grade, were bothering her and interrupting her sleep. She has much, much less nasal congestion than she did, although there's still a little, and she's barely coughing anymore. She just seems back to "herself" today, much more than she's been lately. So I think she's just feeling better overall, and she can sleep again. I really hope it continues!!

I'm feeling sort of bad, because I think I probably should have been giving her tylenol more often than I was, or alternating between tylenol and motrin. I think she really just didn't feel good, and those things probably would have helped, and I wasn't giving them as often as I could have been. Live and learn, I guess, but I still feel sorta guilty for not doing all I could to help her feel better, and for getting so frustrated with her when she wouldn't (couldn't) sleep.

Today we went to the mall with two mom friends and their babies, and I got Jordyn two really cute outfits for the summer on sale at Macy's. We had a really nice time, even though Jordyn got cranky and cried in her stroller, and I had to hold her and wear her part of the time. And now it's bathtime, and I think maybe we'll take a mommy-daughter bath.

Oh, it's so nice to feel human again (even though I only got about 6 hours of sleep, it was such a huge improvement that I actually felt pretty good today)! Thank you, Jordyn!




3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Don't feel guilty, it is so tricky to know the right balance of too much/too little medication. Glad to hear she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! So glad you both got a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for sleep for both of you! And for a little girl feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete