Jordyn (and I, a little bit) had a professional photo shoot a couple of days ago. I met this photographer in the new mom drop-in support group (that I call "Ladies and Babies"), and we've become friendly. I decided to do a mini photo-shoot with her, and while I don't love all the pics, and Jordyn was kinda cranky (I realized afterwards that she'd been getting hungry, duh, should've given her a bottle before we started!), a few of them came out great, or at least pretty good:
 |
| Mommy kissing Jordyn. |
 |
| Jordyn "kissing" Mommy. :) |
 |
| This is my favorite. I made it my FB cover photo. |
The black and white pic at the end of my last post is from the shoot, too. I'm really glad I finally had professional pictures done. How often do others do this? Once a year? Every six months? More often? Less? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I love documenting with pics, and I'm not the greatest photographer in the world, nor do I have good equipment.
Great pictures, they really show her personality well! My favorite is the one in the swing! She has a bunch of teeth!
ReplyDeleteAwww...great pictures. I love the first one the most! Just so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI did my son's pics professionally at 6 weeks (so sad I missed the newborn pics at mere days old!), 6 months, one year and then yearly after that at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 so far. I'm pretty happy with once a year now. I don't know if your baby is in daycare, but they'll start doing school pictures probably when she's in the toddler room in the the fall and spring! I don't order many of those...just the 4x6 of each pose and then a few wallets for friends/family. I don't give out the expensive prof pics to anyone with the exception of always buying one for my parents.
The prof pics are nice though pricey. However, I fear my home is becoming a photo shrine to my son. I mean that in all honesty. I don't want to weird people out...
oh, i think everyone knows we're obsessed with our kids... so what if it's obvious from the million pics! :)
ReplyDeletelove the photos. totally gorgeous. love all the rolls in the swing photo. and the one of you kissing her. and the one of her crawling and looking up. and the last one is fabulous, also.
Oh my goodness what a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh how I'm sure you love having the pics of you kissing her and then her kissing you, especially for years to come :)
Look at those littel teeth--too cute!
Oh I just LOVE the one of Jordyn kissing your!! Your smile is just pure joy!
ReplyDeleteI had newborn photos taken of Elena & every 6 months since plus a quick shoot for Christmas card photos...I'm obsessed with photos...plus our photographer is awesome!
What great pictures! I did professional pics for her newborn photos and then at 3 months, but then realized there was no way I could afford to continue that trend. I try to take her picture in a posed position with my "good" camera every couple of months. Her school does pictures every fall and spring and those were good so I'll continue to do that. I would like to get a professional family picture soon.
ReplyDelete