Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Walk in the Rain

I'd promised Jordyn that we could go for a walk after dinner and that she could ride in her little car. We opened the door to discover that it had just started raining - you could still see the individual drops on the front steps. I tried to talk her out of it, which wasn't working, and then I decided what the hell (it wasn't cold)...

So out we went. 

She didn't ride in her car, and we didn't go very far, but we went for a walk. She couldn't have cared less that it was raining, even though we were soaking wet, until it started to come down really hard. And even then, she barely cared. She still wanted to walk! 

We were absolutely DRENCHED. And of course I just happened to be wearing a white t-shirt, yay. I highly doubt anyone saw us, though, except for whoever was in the one car that drove by. 

We came in and headed right for the bath (for Jordyn), which was the plan for tonight anyway, and part of why I decided to do it. 

It was actually really fun. I was laughing pretty hard most of the time, and of course doing what any good mom would do while out in the pouring rain with her toddler - taking a video and a couple of pictures. Jordyn walked and then ran very matter-of-factly down the sidewalk, while answering my questions for the video, also very matter-of-factly. Too bad I can't get videos to work on here, and I can't get it to upload to youtube, either.

me: Jordyn, is it raining?
Jordyn: Yes!
me: Are we taking a walk?
Jordyn: Yah!
me: Are we getting all wet?
Jordyn: Yah!
me: Do you want to go in the house?
Jordyn: No! No! Walk!
me: Ok, here we go!
Jordyn: <running> Running! Running! <stopped> <something unintelligible>
The rain is really coming down now.
me: Are you ready to go in the house?
Jordyn: No!
me: <laughing in disbelief>

After the video (that I can't get to load, as usual).
She was finally starting to care that it was pouring and she was soaking wet.

Post walk in the rain selfie, taken in the bathroom mirror immediately prior to her bath.



4 comments: