Saturday, September 27, 2014

Two Funny Things

Jordyn said two things tonight that really made me laugh, and I don't want to forget them, so here they are for posterity:

I was putting pajamas on her after her bath, and she was trying to tell me to sit in the rocking chair (which isn't even in her room anymore, but I digress) for "a few minutes" (one of her favorite phrases of late) before going downstairs. I told her that no, I wasn't going to sit in the rocking chair, I was going to go downstairs. Her response was, "Mommy go downstairs and wash dishes". Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was pretty funny that that's what she thinks I do every night when I go downstairs. Sometimes I do, if I didn't get them all washed before bedtime, but I also sit on the couch and eat ice cream and watch tv!

Ever since Jordyn started sleeping in her big girl bed, we've laid (is that the right word? I don't think so, but I can't figure out what is) in her bed to read books every night (instead of the rocking chair like we used to, see above). After books, I give her a hug and a kiss goodnight and try to get her to stay under the covers while I climb out (she's doing better with this; she used to stand up on her bed every night and I'd have to get her all settled in again). Tonight, when we were saying goodnight, she started saying "mommy mommy mommy" over and over again - in a nice way, not a whiny way, so I started saying "Jordyn Jordyn Jordyn " over and over again, thinking we were having a nice moment. But then she said, "Mommy get off (out?) of Jordyn's bed". I laughed so hard she started to get all wound up, so I tried to curb my laughter. I told her she was funny and she made me laugh.

Here's another thing she did lately that made me laugh. On the way back from our road trip this
past Monday, this is what I found when I opened the back door when we stopped for gas. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, for all the horrible things people say about the "terrible twos" I am actually enjoying it! Sure, there is the occasional tantrums, but the development of their sense of humor is a pretty awesome thing to witness. Sounds like Jordyn is quite the character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those moments when your kid can crack you up completely with a glimpse into how their little mind is working! Definitely moments you don't want to forget

    ReplyDelete