Me: Adriana is a big sister, her mommy had a little baby named Josh!
Jordyn: Just like Jordyn!
Me: Well, Jordyn's not a big sister yet. Do you want to be a big sister? Do you think mommy should grow a baby in her belly?
Jordyn: Yes!
Me: Ok, maybe I'll do that. But not right away; it'll be a while before there's a baby in our family.
Jordyn: In a few days!
_______________________________________________
For the past several months, Jordyn has been absolutely obsessed with the song B-I-N-G-O, but not the regular version. Her old teacher used to sing each kid's name to the tune, and Jordyn decided she loved it and hasn't let it go.
So, very often, almost every single time we get into the car, and many other times, too, Jordyn will say to me, "sing Aidan" or some other name. I now know what that means, and after I prompt her to say "please", I sing... "A-I-D-A-N, A-I-D-A-N, A-I-D-A-N and Aidan is his name-o". She then proceeds to name another kid in her class, or other friend of hers, or Grandpa or Nana or Mommy, or one of her teacher's names, or sometimes things like phone, water, grocery store (try fitting that one into the song!), etc. Over.And.Over.And.Over. Ad nauseum.
The crazy thing is, she's starting to rote memorize how to spell! She can sing the song herself, and can do Jordyn, mommy, Grandpa, Nana, Laura, Maeve, Aidan, and several others. She'll do it on her own, but I can also say, "sing Laura" or whoever, and she will. Occasionally she'll say "I need help", (which is also what she says when she doesn't know the answer to a question - it's incredibly cute!). in which case, I can just give her the first letter and she takes it from there.
________________________________________________
She also almost knows our address. Sometimes in the car, when we're almost home, I'll tell her we're almost home, and ask her what street we live on. That's how it started, anyway. She knows the name of the street (two syllables), and now she can almost say the number. It's a three-digit number, and if I give her the first digit, she'll can say the next two and then the street name. I have to help her with the name of our town (three-syllables), but then she'll say "Massachusetts" on her own.
________________________________________________
She knows what an author is. I always say the authors name when we read a book, i.e. "'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' by Eric Carl". She started to repeat some of the authors' names (and she knows a few just by looking at the cover of the book), so I explained who they were, that the author is the person who wrote the book. So now, if I ask her what the person who writes a book is called, she'll answer, "author".
She never ceases to amaze me!
![]() |
| Taken a couple of weeks ago. |

We have the exact opposite baby conversation in our car. I ask him if he likes babies, and if he wants to be a big brother. A few months ago the answer was yes, but now that I'm actually pregnant he keeps saying no! Sounds like Jordyn will make a great big sister someday!
ReplyDeleteShe sounds adorable! I love kid conversations!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete麗的情小遊戲-免費裸聊qq號碼
情˙色線上看免費85-真人秀場在線聊天室
情˙色文小說 少年-啪啪午夜直播app
情˙色微電影-午夜福利直播app有哪些
色、情微電影-真人秀多人視頻
live173 視訊美女
live173直播
ut視訊聊天室
免費視訊聊天室
173 視訊美女聊天