Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The "No Heat" Saga Continues...

My mom told me that she tried to get my sister to fall asleep on Sunday night by lying in bed with her and holding her hand. Apparently, she regresses while manic - wants to hold my mom's hand to fall asleep?? And she'd fall asleep, and then keep waking up in a panic and reaching for my mom's hand again. My mom finally couldn't take it anymore. My sister decided to call a woman she used to nanny for, and has kept in touch with, to have her come pick her up. It was almost 11:00pm, and this woman has children. My mom talked to her, and told her she didn't have to come, it was late, my sister was manic, there was no reason for her to come get her... but she said she'd do anything for my sister, it was fine for her to spend a night with them, and she came and picked her up.

So yeah, my sister didn't end up sleeping in the guest room after all!

But my brother did.

Oh yes, he was there, too, and he's also a mess, just depressed instead of manic. So he decided to stay over. It's a good thing I didn't decide to stay Sunday night - I never would have gotten any sleep! I think maybe we actually did do the right thing by coming home and being a little cold (and we really weren't, once we were all bundled up and under a million blankets and comforters - Jordyn was toasty warm when I checked on her before I went to sleep, and also when she woke up in the morning). It was better than a night in the loony bin. And my mom was so stressed, she's still crying about that night, since she was dealing with two mentally ill children at once, plus me and Jordyn not having heat and ending up not staying there, and she didn't know what to do... Ugh.

The heat guy came yesterday evening, and discovered that the motor had blown out and needed to be replaced. Lovely. He had to get a new motor today and come back to install it, and it was only getting colder in here (and outside), so Jordyn and I spent last night (Monday) at my parents' house. They'd left for NY yesterday for a few days, so no one was there except for us. And then we spent the entire day hanging out there today, since we didn't have any plans, and our house was freezing. Plus, we were both tired since she woke up at 5am and didn't go back to sleep. We came home at 5:00 for the heat guy (at which point the temp in the house was 40, outside was 20), who'd wanted to come a little earlier, but Jordyn was sleeping when he texted, so I pushed it back a little. The heat guy replaced the motor, but discovered a second but unrelated issue that he couldn't have found until there was a working motor, which is some little switch that isn't working. He overrode it so the heat would come on, but it'll go back off as soon as it hits the target temp on the thermostat. He showed me how to override it again later tonight or in the morning when it goes back off, and he's coming back tomorrow for a third (and hopefully final!) time to replace the switch. Ugh.

My sister's in the hospital. We're not entirely sure how she ended up there, although we do know she does need to be there. My mom called me this morning, and informed me that the emergency department of the hospital she'd been taken to had called them at 1:30am, letting them know my sister was there (and thereby breaking HIPAA, I believe, but whatever, we're glad they called) and asking for some background info. There wasn't a bed at the psych hospital where she's been and where we'd want her to go, so they boarded her overnight in the ED. I think she did end up at the psych hospital today, although I'm not positive. She called me mid-morning and asked for my help (ha!), because she knew she needed a big sleep but didn't need to do it at the hospital (according to her... ha!) and wanted to know if she could do it at my house. HA! Ummm... no thanks! I told her that she did, in fact, need to be in the hospital, that she was sick, and needed more care than she thought right now. She accused me of being (sounding?) like my father, and hung up on me. Ugh.
__________________________________________________________________

But on a happier note, here are two recent pics of my mini-me:


At the playspace at the mall a week or two ago.

This doll used to belong to my aunts, and then was played with by my sister and I, and now by Jordyn. Her name is Patty.  The other day, Jordyn announced that Patty had a poop and she was going to clean her. A few minutes later, I walked in to Jordyn's room, and there she was, trying to put a diaper on Patty!


4 comments:

  1. Just sending some hugs to you, wishing things would calm down for your family soon.

    Cute photos of Jordyn, she really is you mini-me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to deal with. This must be so hard on your mom. On all of you. Thinking good thoughts for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordyn is adorable!

    And what a MESS with your siblings! Oh my goodness! I don't know how you all are managing.

    Maybe it would help all of you to share your fears with your parents now about WDW? Ie "I'm scared that you guys are going to cancel our trip, and how I'm going to react to that, because this trip is really important to me."

    And then be quiet and see what they say? It might be good to face the elephant in the room. And if they say "No way, absolutely not!", you get to feel better now. And if not, well, better to know it than to fear it.

    ReplyDelete