Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 3 Lab Results

When I first had day 3 labs done in 2011, the results were:

FSH: 6.4
Prolactin: 5.2
Estradiol: <32

And today I found out that the results from my day 3 labs drawn on Wednesday are:

FSH: 6.3
LH: 5.3
Estradiol: 40.9

I have no idea why prolactin was tested the first time, and LH was tested the second time. I think LH is the more "traditional" thing to test on day 3. The labs were drawn at totally different places, and the first place was an ob/gyn office I wasn't happy with at all (it was my first and last time there; the only good thing about it was getting her to order the day 3 labs!), and this time it was my PCP's office.

But anyway, the results are good! I'm feeling pretty comfortable with my decision to start trying after the beach trip in September. If by some crazy chance the first IUI works again, the baby would be due in June, and I'd skip being hugely pregnant through the summer. Plus I'd have the summer off for maternity leave. Not a bad deal! Not that I'm expecting the first IUI to work again, though; I'll just be pleasantly surprised if it does.

When the results weren't posted on my PCP's patient portal by yesterday afternoon, I totally thought I'd have to wait til Monday to get them, and tried to just not even think about it today. I was at work and then my parents' house, so it wasn't too bad. But I randomly checked my email on my phone this evening while still at my parents' house, and there was an email saying I had a message waiting on the portal. I checked, and it was the results! I was pleasantly surprised to have gotten them on a Saturday afternoon, so maybe the "pleasant surprises" will just keep coming!


6 comments:

  1. Great numbers! Better than mine at 38 :) Crossed fingers that baby #2 is a smooth ride for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news, and good to know you aren't in a race against time! I fully support the June babies (though both of my successful IUIs were early October to get my June babies)! I look for ward to following you through another pregnancy journey....assuming this means you are going to go forward with number two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and plan so far. I loved having summer babies. My first took 1 IUI, my second took 2 IUIs... ridiculously lucky and I hope you have that same luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news and plan so far. I loved having summer babies. My first took 1 IUI, my second took 2 IUIs... ridiculously lucky and I hope you have that same luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great numbers! Hope it goes very smoothly!

    ReplyDelete