Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Well.

Where do I start?

Let's see... On days 7-8 post IUI, I started to develop some symptoms. Mainly breast soreness, later than my "usual", and I immediately chalked it up to the progesterone I'd started on day 4. The soreness waxed and waned over the next few days, mostly less sore in the morning and more sore in the evening. I was also tired earlier in the evening than usual and I had some mild indigestion. I didn't think much of any of this, since I figured anything I was feeling was due to the progesterone.

I couldn't help myself, and POAS on day 9. Negative.

I POAS again on day 10, and again it was negative.

I was so convinced I wasn't pregnant that I stopped the progesterone on day 10 and didn't even POAS on day 11.

Do you see where I'm going with this?!

Yesterday, I picked up the clomid prescription that the RE had sent to CVS for the next cycle. And then sat on the couch watching tv last night, feeling fairly significant cramps, and figured my period was on it's way. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed some breast tenderness, and kinda thought, "hmmm", since I hadn't taken progesterone in two days, but figured it must just take a while to get completely out of my system.

I was 100% expecting to wake up with my period or get it sometime today.

Instead, I got this:



Yep, two lines!!! It's faint, but it's there.

I almost didn't test today. But then I had this random thought that everything about this cycle has been weird and later than usual - I ovulated later than usual, I developed symptoms later than usual, so who knows - maybe I'd get a positive later than "usual" (with Jordyn, I got a positive on day 10). As I dipped the stick in the cup of pee, I thought I don't know why I'm doing this, I'm just wasting a stick. I brushed my teeth, looked and saw what I really thought was a stark negative, and got in the shower. I don't even know what made me decide to look again when I got out, although I guess wouldn't anybody?? And there they were, two lines, staring up at me.

MIND. BLOWN.

I mean, I was truly incredulous. As I finished getting ready for work, I kept going back and looking again, to make ABSOLUTELY sure there were REALLY two lines. That my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

But... nope. There are most definitely two lines. It's very, very early, and I'll of course test again tomorrow (and let's face it - probably for days after that!), and I have an appointment to go in for a beta on Tuesday, but as of right now - as much as I still feel cramping and like I'm going to get my period any minute - I have a BFP!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Wooohoooo!!! I had a feeling that this was it!! Congratulations!! I hope you have an easy and uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Best wishes for a smooth start to an uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! Definitely two lines!!!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Sticky baby dust to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated congratulations! Almost exactly like how I got my BFP, right down to the stopping the progesterone! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete