Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dream... Am I Getting Anxious??

I had a dream last night that may or may not have been my subconscious trying to tell me it's getting anxious...

In it, I'd had the baby (it was a girl, but that wasn't the point of the dream).

Apparently, I'd given birth that morning, but I was already home, holding her, standing in the kitchen.

I looked down at her and her full head of brown hair (I REALLY want a bald or almost-bald baby, because I just think they're so cute!, but I doubt I'll get one because I was born with a full head of hair, but again, this was not the point of the dream), and was trying to figure out what to do.

I didn't have any diapers in the house, or formula - the basic necessities. I said to her, "Well, we can try breastfeeding, but I don't know how to do it". (And I also don't know if I'll be able to, since I had breast reduction surgery back in the summer of 2000 (and btw, haven't regretted it for a split second)).

The point of the dream? That I was absolutely 100% unprepared. I didn't have anything I needed and didn't know what to do. The weird thing was, I wasn't in a panic. It was a very calm realization that wow, I don't have the things I need. I didn't wake up in a panic or anything. And in real life, I'm not feeling anxious (unless maybe subconsciously??).

3 comments:

  1. You're dream is completely normal. You won't be completely prepared, even when you think you are. I can't tell you how many trips I made to Target and Babies R Us the first month to get things I forgot. But don't worry, the hospital will send you home with enough diapers and formula to last the first couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit jealous, I haven't had a baby dream in a while now. Although I keep having dreams where I need to go to the bathroom, and can't find/figure out how to use the toilet. Of course, then I wake up and realize I need to go to the bathroom for the billionth time that night. Good thing we both still have a bunch of time to get all the baby necessities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy can cause some seriously crazy dreams! :)

    As for hair - I was born pretty bald, but Finn was born with quite a bit of hair (most of which later fell out!) so you never know!

    ReplyDelete