* I just had a whole post typed up, and lost almost all of it. I'm SO frustrated! I'm going to see if I can recreate it, even though I should be going to sleep now! *
I had such high hopes for Thursday.
Jordyn is signed up for school every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but I only work every other Thursday (and every other Saturday). So, I have the ability to drop Jordyn off at school on the Thursdays I don't work, and have time to get things accomplished. This past Thursday was going to be the first Thursday I could do that.
And I was beyond psyched! I had such big plans... I was going to declutter my house (well, at least make a dent), bring things to the basement that should've gone long ago (i.e. the baby swing), go to Target, go grocery shopping, maybe take a nap, maybe cook something for dinner...
But my plans were dashed when Jordyn ended up with some kind of stomach bug. So, Thursday kinda sucked. We did go to Target, even though I was worried she would have a big blowout while we were there (she didn't), and then met my dad for lunch. We went to a bar and grille and I was able to get plain grilled chicken and rice pilaf for Jordyn. Then we went home and I did laundry in between changing diarrhea diapers. Fun.
It was a weird illness. She was fine when we left Vermont on Sunday, but had a fever when we stopped partway home. I'd been worried she wasn't warm enough in the car, because I had it just slightly cool to keep me more alert for driving. But when we stopped and I took her out of her carseat, she was burning up. I gave her Motrin, and she was much cooler when we arrived home. The fever lasted all day Monday, and my parents had her since she couldn't go to school and I had to go to work.
They chose that day to teach her the word "no". Well, and "yes", but "no" stuck much better, of course. So now she answers "no" to everything, and I mean everything! Ask her any question, even one where the answer is an obvious "yes", and she says "no". Her "no" sounds more like a combination of "nah" and "owe" but said as one syllable. I try to prompt her to say "yes" when that's clearly what the answer should be, but I can't figure out exactly how she says it yet. I could kill my parents for teaching her this! I'm not used to her actually answering me when I ask her questions, and she seems so much more like a toddler now that she's saying "no" to everything!
Warning: TMI coming... By Tuesday morning, her fever was gone, but I noticed she strained a few times like she was pooping, but nothing was in her diaper. So I figured she was constipated, and gave her a pouch of prunes. That was my big mistake... She had a somewhat loose poop a little while later, but probably too soon for it to be from the prunes. And then, Tuesday night, she woke me up FIVE times between 11pm and 5am with very loose poops/diarrhea. That wasn't a fun night at all - no sleep, and multiple diarrhea diaper changes all night long.
I thought it was just from the prunes, and/or possibly the mac and cheese she'd had for dinner Tuesday night that may have been too rich for her, and sent her to school on Wednesday. But when I picked her up, they said she'd had a few loose poops, and that her tush was all red and painful. The diarrhea continued all day Thursday and into Friday morning. I did what the doctor told me to do last time she had something like this - made sure she was drinking enough and gave her probiotics. By later in the day on Friday she seemed to be doing better, and we went to the holiday party at her school. I'd been giving her bland, binding foods, not that it seemed to be doing any good, but she had more normal food at the party, and did fine. But then tonight we were at another party/playdate, and she had some veggie lasagna with white sauce, and then had a massive blowout, although not diarrhea like it had been. So, I think she's at the tail end of it.
Throughout this illness, she usually hasn't been eating a whole lot at once, but she's been eating small amounts throughout the day. This has given her ample opportunity to perfect her sign for "eat". It's really cute, because she makes mouth movements like she's chewing when she brings her hand to her mouth. I'm not sure if she's actually hungry every time she does it, or just likes the cause and effect that every time she does it, I give her food. Sometimes, she signs "eat" almost immediately after getting out of her high chair!
She says "gock" for "cracker", and I'm just glad she put a /g/ sound at the beginning instead of a /k/ sound, since it wouldn't be appropriate (although it would be funny) for her to be asking for cocks all the time! I think she's lumping crackers and cookies into one category for "gock'.
With all her requests for "gock"s, I've been trying to get her to say "please". It sounds more like a combination of "piss" and "pez", kinda like "pizz".
She says "uh oh", which sounds more like "ah oh", and she says it every time something falls to the floor. Sometimes she throws things on the floor on purpose so she can say "uh oh", even thought I keep telling her it's not an "uh oh" if it's done on purpose!
Lastly, she's finally saying my name. She's been saying "mah mah mah" for a while, but she doesn't connect the syllables, she doesn't usually stop at two, and I'm not convinced she's even referring to me. In fact, I think she says it when she means "up", because she often says it when she's reaching up to be picked up. I thought she was referring to me until I saw that she said the same thing when she reaches for *anyone* to pick her up. Now, she'll say "mom", with a very definite /m/ sound at the end, and she'll say it if I ask her what my name is. I keep telling her to call me "mommy", but she's insisting on sticking with the one syllable.
Isn't it fun to witness language development! At times it feels like a lot of translating needs to take place to figure out what they want. I often find myself wishing that opinions ("no!") didn't need to develop along with language!
ReplyDelete夜間寂寞裸聊聊天室
ReplyDelete真人午夜裸聊直播間
同城寂寞男女交友網
午夜裸聊聊天視頻
午夜聊天室你懂的
晚上寂寞的女人的qq群
夫妻做愛視頻
手機裸聊直播室
色女生的qq群
台灣視頻直播聊天室