I had two friends over on New Year's Eve (a pregnant SMC and a TTC SMC). We ordered in, hung out on the couch, and watched the ball drop. I went upstairs with Jordyn at her normal bedtime and did her bedtime routine (minus bath), and came back downstairs. One my friends, K, remarked how it seemed like we'd gotten into a groove with bedtime, because it hadn't taken long to get Jordyn down. I said yes, things had been going well sleep-wise for a while, and she was really easy to get to sleep now.
I had to say it out loud, didn't I?? Because the very next night, January 1st, she started a sleep regression. That's right, the first week of 2014 was sleep-regression-hell. Jordyn woke up every single night that week, sometimes for as short as 10 or 20 minutes, and sometimes for as long as an hour and a half. She also had difficulty separating from me to go to sleep. She'd gone through this overly-attached phase recently, but it had been better for a while, and now it was back.
This sleep regression was different in a couple of ways. First, Jordyn didn't just scream and cry, she'd do that, but then randomly stop and just say "mama" a few times, and then go back to screaming and crying if I didn't respond. It was kind of funny how she never thought to actually yell or scream "MAMA!!" in the midst of screaming and crying. She'd totally stop and just say "mama" nice and calmly. She hasn't actually been calling me "mama" for too long, and now she does it all the time. Second, I realized after the first few nights that if I didn't even go in her room, but just said something like "Jordyn, you need to lay down and have a sleep" from the hallway, she'd do it. Yes, she'd actually lay down and have a sleep! This worked at bedtime and also in the middle of the night. And so one night, I decided I wasn't even going to get out of bed when she woke up that night, I was just going to say it loudly from my bed, and that was the first night she didn't wake up at all. We had a few good nights, and then last night she woke up at 1:50, but was quiet and back to sleep within a few minutes. So we'll see what tonight brings.
The beginning of this sleep regression coincided with the demise of my video monitor. I didn't realize how dependent I was on that thing until it stopped working! For no reason that I can figure out, when I went to get the monitor from my night table at nap time on January 1st, it wasn't working. And it hasn't worked since. I'm pissed, because it was a big money item, and I feel like it should've worked longer than less than a year and a half. My mom thinks I may be able to get it fixed at an electronics repair place, but somehow I have my doubts that video baby monitors are part of what they do. I really do like the video monitor (and highly recommend one), but for now at least, I'm relying on an old-school audio monitor that is temperamental and likes to randomly stop working, too (but works again if you turn it off and on again). I have to keep an eye on the light to make sure it stays green; if it turns red it isn't actually working and I have to reset it. Annoying, but whatever.
_______________________________________________________________
In other news, Jordyn and I are flying to Ohio on Thursday for my good friend's wedding. I'm really excited for this adventure, but also completely terrified. Jordyn is 17 months old, in the throes of toddlerhood... and I'm flying/traveling alone with her!? Yikes. I didn't buy her a seat, but I'm hoping for an empty seat next to me, and to be able to figure out the cares harness my cousins gave me. I have my ipad stocked with fun toddler apps (I'm making an exception to the very limited screen time rule I have), stickers, coloring, color wonder, books, and lots of snacks packed in the carry-on. Plus a few other random things. It's a nonstop flight, so hopefully it'll go smoothly with no delays.
I'm excited for my friends in Ohio to get to meet Jordyn, finally. We have quite a trip planned. We're flying into Cincinnati, spending one night with my friend who's getting married, then driving up to Columbus on Friday in her car. The wedding is in Columbus on Saturday, and then we're driving back to Cincinnati on Sunday. We'll stay in my friend's house even though she'll be away on her honeymoon, and then fly back to Boston on Monday. Please think good thoughts that everything goes as planned, Jordyn is on her best behavior on the planes and at the wedding (and during the rest of the trip, too!), and that I don't lose my mind, my wallet, or my keys.
________________________________________________________________
Tonight was just so much fun. I picked Jordyn up at school where she came running towards me with a huge smile and giggle (I love that!!!). I had thought I was going to be later than I was, but traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We came home, ate dinner, and Jordyn was just so cuddly and happy. We cuddled on the couch together, which doesn't happen too often, although we do cuddle (just not usually on the couch). She's been very "kissy" lately - she gives air kisses mostly. I just couldn't get enough of her, and had a fleeting thought of cosleeping tonight because I just didn't want to be away from her! But it was very fleeting. :) She didn't shriek at all tonight, which she often does, and while bath time can be hit or miss lately, it wasn't too bad tonight (well, until she slipped and hit her head on the bathtub, but it wasn't too hard and she only cried for a second). She went to sleep easily, and I'm excited about tomorrow. Other than packing (which completely stresses me out) for our trip, we have Music Together class, and an early dinner with two other moms and their babies planned.
I love nights like tonight. I just kept thinking how cute Jordyn is, how incredibly lucky I am that I have her, and how I can't believe that she's mine. I still wonder if that feeling ever goes away... the incredible surreal amazement that I'm a mom.
I hope you trip goes well, it sounds like a fun time!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete奇摩女孩免費視訊聊天室
免費的裸聊qq
免費交友裸聊室
免費同城裸聊平台
視頻交友真人秀
六間房被禁視頻
哪個app有大尺度直播
色yy視頻直播間頻道
日本免費色情直播網站
兔費色情視頻直播間