Just wanted to update everyone to let you all know (since I know you're waiting with bated breath) that I GOT THE HOUSE!!!!
I'm incredibly excited!!
Actually, if I'm being completely honest, I'm a weird mix of excited, stressed, and shell-shocked, with a mild case of buyer's remorse.
I'm not actually sorry I got the house. I'm just kind of thinking, "what have I done??" in terms of how much I'm paying for it! I did what I had to do to get it, and I *know* it will all be ok, but it's just a bit scary to think how house poor I'm kind of going to be! I posted on Facebook something like, "I may be house poor for the rest of my life, but at least I'll enjoy hanging out in the house while not out spending money. Ha!".
I keep having this thought of that maybe I should have bid a little less (like $5K), and I would have still gotten it. There's no way to know, and I'll never know, but I can't help thinking it. It's a stupid thought, really, because 5K doesn't even make much of a difference in the monthly mortgage payment. But still. I can't help thinking it. And of course, if I *had* bid lower, I may not have ended up winning out. So who knows.
But now I can start picturing where I'll put my furniture in the house. My brain wanted to do that yesterday, and while I was desperately trying to fall asleep last night, but I did my absolute best not to let it. That's a great way to really get my hopes up - to be all settled in to the house in my mind! And it's really fun to think of how I'll organize things, and how our lives will work in so many little ways in the new house.
Apparently there were a couple other offers right around the same amount as mine, but my offer was very clean, and apparently the sellers really liked the letter I wrote, and connected with me because they have two young daughters. I don't know how much weight they actually gave the letter, but I'm glad it was at least a little helpful. I'd originally put in a sentence or two about being an SMC, but I wasn't sure about it, and my realtor suggested I take it out since we don't know how the sellers might feel about it. I totally get that, and took it out, since it wasn't worth the risk. So they know it's just me and Jordyn, but for all they know I could be divorced or a widow.
Closing is set for May 29th, so we should move by early-mid June. That's good, because the house has central a/c, so we'll be in it just in time for the heat of the summer. I have a LOT to do now, with getting the mortgage all set, and cleaning out my house - not to mention packing!, and then getting my current place ready to be put on the market. All of this with a toddler... At least she has school tomorrow, and I don't work, so I can at least get started.
But all in all... YAY!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Isn't dream decorating so much fun?!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I love your attitude of if you can't be out spending money, at least you'll love staying home!
ReplyDeleteHooray, how exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally house poor and have no regrets. FWIW.