Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Baby Didn't Get the Memo

I've read that at about now (32 weeks) movement starts to slow down due to how tight it's getting in there. Well, maybe not "slow down", exactly, but it starts to be more shifting around movements than actual kicks and punches.

Well, my baby has not gotten that memo!

I don't know what she's doing in there, but she's still moving around quite a bit, and it's starting to get a little uncomfortable at times.

Don't get me wrong - feeling her move is still my #1 favorite thing about being pregnant! I absolutely love it! But boy is she sometimes making me stop and take notice! Especially when I get in bed at night... She usually does a whole gymnastics routine right when I lie down, but then she generally sleeps when I sleep. Or, I'm at least not noticing her movement when I'm asleep; I can't remember her ever waking me up with her kicks. Which I'm very thankful for!

She really likes my right side, and does NOT like it when I lie on my left side and gravity pulls her down! She goes nuts in there, I guess maybe trying to stay in her preferred position??? There's often a foot (I think it's a foot, anyway) poking me all the way on my right side, and I'm pretty sure I can feel her butt right near my belly button. She's been head down at my last two prenatal visits, so I'm thinking her head is still low. When I feel movements really low, I figure that must be her hands and arms moving around, because I know she holds them up by her face.

I'm looking forward to my ultrasound on Monday to find out her approximate weight, since I'm convinced she must somehow be WAY bigger than she should be (although my midwife has assured me this is not the case!). This ultrasound is to check that the placenta has moved away from my cervix (at my 18 week u/s, the doc said it was "marginal previa" since it was on the edge of my cervix, so he wants to make sure it's moved up, but he said it very likely would). Oh, and also to check the growth of the baby. Yay for getting another peek inside!

3 comments:

  1. Our babies must be reading the same memo! I think he actually became more active around 34 weeks, and still continues to be very active (especially when I lay on my left, his feet then kick the right while his butt moves on the left). It really is a great form of entertainment though! Hope your ultrasound appointment goes well, and the placenta has moved up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! can't wait to hear about the ultrasound and maybe see some pics!

    ReplyDelete