Sunday, July 1, 2012

Posting Pictures

For some reason, I've been struggling with this, and I can't figure out why.

Without going back and checking, I'm pretty sure that so far, I haven't posted any pictures on my blog of my face (my baby bump, yes, and my daughter's 3d u/s pics, yes, but my face, no!). I think I was thinking it had something to do with keeping this private and not having it be possible for anyone to connect this blog to ME.

Confidentiality and all that.

But here's the thing... Anyone who actually knows me in real life would/could easily read this blog, should they happen upon it, and immediately know it's MY blog. I give way too many details about way too many things for that not to be possible.

And for anyone who doesn't know me in person, what would be the big deal for them to see my picture? I'm not worried about you SMCs out there, you others whose blogs I read... I guess I just have this weird thing about some random person finding my blog, reading it, and somehow figuring out where I live... or something.

Why? No idea.

Or someone I know, or knew a long time ago, who I don't want knowing I'm writing this, to find it and be able to figure it out.

Stupid, I know.

But I want to be more comfortable posting pictures because I'm obviously going to want to post my baby's pictures, and how can I post hers without posting mine? And why would I want HER picture to be "out there" and not my own??

Can someone please explain to me what my problem is with this?!? And help me realize that it's not like I'm blogging about crimes I've committed or something, and that it's really FINE to put pictures of myself here??

I guess I just originally started this blog for ME, and then when I developed followers, I realized how cool that was, that people really do read my posts, and I love that... but then for some reason the whole picture thing started to freak me out, for no good reason whatsoever, really...

So, please help! And then if you're successful, I promise you'll be rewarded with lots of pics, especially once the baby arrives. :)


4 comments:

  1. Different people have different comfort levels with what they feel comfortable sharing on line. I know some people think I post too many pictures and reveal too much about who we really are. But I use my blog almost like a scrapbook and also a way for far away family to see what's going on in our lives. Just post what you feel comfortable with. Once she's her you may find it very easy to share pictures, or you might still struggle. Go with what your gut tells you to do so you can feel comfortable about it. Don't feel pressured either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R, we have way too much in common! You will notice that I have never posted a picture of myself either. Yet, I have posted pictures of my dogs, the nursery, and now even my son. The dogs and nursery I guess I just didn't care if it was out there. As for my son, his appearance has already changed a bunch in the last 3 days, and people won't really recognize him. I have been giving "going private" a bit of thought lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! So I agree that you should just go with whatever you feel comfortable with :)

    ReplyDelete