Jordyn and I (and my dad) went to our first Tot Shabbat tonight. For those who aren't familiar, it's basically a Shabbat (Jewish Sabbath) service that's designed for and around young kids. It's a 30-minute very child-friendly service that includes some of the basic prayers, a puppet show, and a Torah parade (at this temple, anyway - I'm sure it varies at different places), and then dinner is served afterwards. Very cute!
I haven't belonged to a synagogue since I was part of my family's membership as a kid/teen. Ever since I've moved out of my parents' house after high school, I've just always found somewhere random to attend High Holiday services, and never belonged to a temple. But now, with Jordyn, I really wanted to join somewhere, mostly for the community, and because I want her to grow up with a Jewish identity of some sort. And, since my parents moved up here, they were in the market to find a temple to join, so we'd checked out a couple places recently. We attended this particular temple for the High Holidays last month, and really liked it, so we all decided to join.
The temple has a Tot Shabbat once a month, and we went for the first time tonight. I know Jordyn isn't exactly old enough to actually get anything out of it, but it was nice to be there for the community aspect, to meet people. It was very well-done, and really nice, especially because I just kept thinking about how long - how very many years - I've been waiting to have a little one to bring to a Tot Shabbat service... and now there I was, finally. It was kind of an amazing feeling.
How cute and very cool.
ReplyDeleteI have grand plans of taking my future LO to my church (since birth). Even though they don't "get It" yet, I think it's an awesome idea to get them used to the surroundings and "routine" of service. Even if I spend most of my time in the nursery watching the service on TV ;)
It does sound amazing to actually get to be at the point of something you've dreamed of for so long :) Enjoy that feeling!
I have been thinking about joining one of the temples here and can't decide which one (torn between two). I hadn't thought about attending the tot shabbat as part of the evaluation, thanks for the idea! Glad it went well for you!!
ReplyDelete色情聊天室-福利直播app
ReplyDelete成人聊天室-日本福利直播軟件app
奇摩女孩視訊聊天網-UT聊天室福利視頻
台灣甜心視訊聊天室-很黃的聊天室
漾美眉視訊交友聊天室-真人秀聊天視頻網站
一夜情情色聊天室-台灣免費視訊聊天室
成人免費視訊聊天室-福利啪啪視頻吧
破解視訊聊天室-福利聊天室你懂的
uthome視訊聊天室-真人色情表演視頻網站
showlive聊天網-9158聊天室你懂的