Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In-Utero Nickname

Ok, ladies... This kid really needs an in-utero nickname. I think maybe having some way of referring to him or her would help this whole thing seem more real. Plus, it's cute. :)

But here's the thing, I don't want to use any of the generic nicknames, i.e. Bean, Peanut, Sprout. Not that those aren't good ones - they are. But I really want to come up with something more unique. And of course, it has to not be too feminine or masculine sounding, since I want to still be able to use the nickname even after I find out the sex.

I thought of trying for something Thanksgiving-related, since I got the BFP on Thanksgiving Day. Like, "stuffing", with me being the turkey, haha. :) But "stuffing" or even "stuff" or "stuffy" is just NOT cute. At all. Then I thought of "sweet potato". Eh. And too many syllables. "Chestnut"? Maybe... I was in Vermont for Thanksgiving, so that's where I got the BFP. "Monty"? Too masculine, and also not cute.

Any ideas? I'm so not creative enough for this!

5 comments:

  1. How about pumpkin? It's very cool you found out on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I like pumpkin! You could pronounce it "punkin" and then its even cuter sounding! Other thanksgiving-related options of course are turkey, cranberry, pecan pie, cream corn.... :) I'd go with Punkin if I were you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same dilemma right now Two friends and I had a huge discussion/debate about possible nicknames for my little one just this past weekend. I still haven't picked a nickname, but figured it is no rush and eventually one will just feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something will click. With my son I thought quite a bit about it thinking there had to be something to officially call him but in the end, there was one that just fit and eventually became his name. It wasn't even one of my original choices I don't think. It just worked. Try to not think about it and see what it is that comes to you. Couldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to read this and chime in, but I agree with the others, a nickname will just come to you and stick. Nothing seemed right for Fiona for a long time. Her nursery theme was "bunny rabbits," and her room was decorated with a bunch of bunnies, mostly ones from my (deceased) mom, who had collected them. Around 24 weeks along the baby started to kick and, duh, it was clear that I had a little "Thumper" in there.

    ReplyDelete