Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Doppler Works!

I just found and listened to my own baby's heartbeat!!!

So wild!

It actually works. It took me a minute to find it, but it was unmistakable once I did. The rate varied from around 130 to 160, which I think is just about right.

I said to my dog, "You hear that, Sydney? That's your little sister's or brother's heartbeat!" (she was less than impressed).

But I wasn't. I was very impressed! I mean, I knew there was a baby in there, and I knew the heart was beating, since I just saw it yesterday. But it was really cool to hear it again. And that I was able to find it on my own with my very own doppler.

I now officially highly recommend buying a doppler for home use. This one, specifically: http://www.fetaldoppler.net/sonoline-b.html

I'm not quite 12 weeks, and I found the heartbeat fairly easily, so I think it's a good one.

I have a feeling I'm going to be listening in quite often, and will eventually need to "borrow" more gel from the hospital where I work!


2 comments: