I had a whole post idea with the title "Statistical Anomaly" if I were to have gotten pregnant with another first IUI.
But alas, I got my period this morning, so I'm clearly not pregnant.
After starting to not "feel" as pregnant, and then the sore breasts starting, I became somewhat more convinced that maybe it had actually worked. I don't think all my symptoms were completely in my head. For a couple of days there, I really do think something was starting to happen.
But then it stopped. My breasts got less and less sore, instead of more so. The cramps and twinges stopped happening as often, and then at all. I think I kind of knew what was happening; it was almost as if I felt the very beginnings of a pregnancy, and then felt it end. Sort of a combination of feeling and knowing. Hard to describe. For whatever reason, I seem to be very in tune to my body in terms of this stuff, as opposed to being one of the women who has no symptoms at all, and then finds out they're pregnant.
Anyway, like an idiot, I started peeing on sticks at 8 days post IUI. At that point, I was still thinking it may have worked since my breasts were pretty sore, and I thought maybe, just maybe, it was implanted enough to get a positive. I mean, you can't get sore breasts before implantation, right? Because your body doesn't know you're pregnant and doesn't start making the hormone(s) that make your breasts sore? That's my theory, anyway, and it seems to make sense, even if there wouldn't be enough hcg to get a positive test yet.
Of course it was negative on day 8. And 9. And 10. And 11. I kept trying to at least get myself to skip a day, but once I starting peeing on sticks, it was hard to stop. Even though my symptoms kept getting less and less pronounced, until there weren't really any at all. But then I kept thinking about those people who really have no symptoms at all and are still pregnant, and grasped onto that just a tiny bit...
And then today, my period. A day early by my calculation, although my cycle does vary by a couple of days sometimes, so right on schedule, really. I can't say I was surprised, just disappointed.
Ah, well. I suppose it's only fair for me to experience a BFN (although on the SMC forum, people seem to be calling it NTT now instead of BFN, and I'm assuming NTT = Not This Time) or two - just hopefully not more than that!
Meanwhile, in the event the next IUI works, I just calculated what my due date would be using today as date of my last period, and it's right smack on Jordyn's birthday!
Sorry to hear about the BFN. My theory is that some women have a "season of fertility" in which they are more likely to get pregnant. It isn't a coincidence that majority of my relatives were born in June. My boys have their birthdays on the same week (in June) because I had nearly the same cycle with both the pregnancies. Wishing you luck next time!
ReplyDeleteAw, I am really sorry. That really sucks.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it didn't take this time - I know what a bummer that is! Hopefully just a small timing issue (we have such a tiny window with this stuff!). My boys' birthdays are eleven days apart so maybe you do have a "season" as Ali said.
ReplyDeleteDarn, sorry to hear this. :-( Sending good thoughts for the next try.
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍黃播視頻聊天室
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍午夜視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍直播視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍裸聊視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍裸播視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍福利視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室你懂的
真愛旅舍大尺度直播視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍深夜直播視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍午夜直播間視頻聊天室