Friday, May 4, 2012

Playtime in My Uterus

Ok, I officially have a favorite part of being pregnant, and it's not about being able to eat anything I want!

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE feeling and seeing my baby move inside of me!

I've gotten to the point where I frequently feel the baby moving, and I can often see my stomach moving around, depending on how I'm sitting or lying and what I'm wearing.

It's a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

I guess some people get freaked out by seeing their (or someone else's) stomach moving as the baby moves, but I think it's the coolest thing in the world.

I'm hoping to eventually be able to tell which body part it is that I'm seeing move around in there. I can definitely feel body parts when I press down with my hand - they're much harder than when I press down and just feel uterus - but I don't know which parts they are.

Often when I lie down on my back, or just sit down leaning back a little, Baby Girl will start to play. And sometimes it's an especially exuberant acrobatics session. Especially if I've just eaten. And I can just enjoy the multi-sensory show. :)

I keep trying to capture my stomach moving around on video, but of course, as soon as I get the camera (or my phone) ready and start to record, Baby Girl stops moving and goes to sleep (or so I assume).

So I'm thinking that means that after she's born, whenever I want her to chill out and take a nap, all I'll have to do is get out the camera... right? ;)

But seriously, I just can't get enough of feeling and watching her move around. It's just such a cool, unique experience!

2 comments: