Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All About Me! (well, Jordyn)

I wrote this to give to the teachers at Jordyn's school. If and when she switches schools, I'll likely update it and give it to her new teachers. I thought this might help them get to know her a little bit, and/or even answer questions they may come up with in the first few days while I'm at work... ( took out our last name for internet-posting purposes, but it's on the original version.



All About Me!

  • My name is Jordyn Hannah _____.
  • I was born on August 7th, 2012.
  • I live in Watertown, Massachusetts.
  • This is what I look like:
  pastedGraphic.pdf
(This picture is a few months old.)

My Favorites:
  • My favorite activities are reading books, dancing, playing outside (especially on the swings and slide!), exploring, playing peekaboo, “filling and dumping” (although filling is my favorite!), taking apart duplo blocks, knocking down block towers, singing songs, being tickled, and bathtime.
  • My favorite toys are stuffed animals and dolls, musical instruments, Fisher Price Little People and bus, ball popper, shape sorter, and musical toys.
  • My favorite books are Blue Hat, Green Hat, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, But Not the Hippopotamus, and Llama Llama Hoppity Hop (and other Llama Llama books).
  • My favorite songs are Wheels on the Bus, the ABCs, I’ve Been Working on the Railroad, and songs from my Music Together class I take with Mommy.
  • I love Minnie Mouse, and I sleep with a stuffed Minnie every night and every nap.
  • I love animals, especially dogs.

Things I Know and Do:
  • I know some of my body parts - belly, head, nose, tongue, ears, mouth, teeth and I’m  working on eyes, chest, chin, legs, and toes.
  • I know a lot of animal sounds, although some of them don’t sound quite like the real thing - dog, cow, duck, sheep, horse, bee, snake, and chicken. We’re working on turkey, hopefully in time for Thanksgiving! I don’t always do them on command, but I do sometimes.
  • I can wave hi, blow a kiss, give a high five, and clap. 
  • I can sign “more” (it looks like clapping), “help” (two hands together like a clap and then move them up) -  this is a new one, and “all finished” (it looks like I’m wringing my hands), but sometimes I sign that I’m finished when I’m really not! 
  • I can say a few words - bye (“bah”), belly (“beh”), ball (“bah”), mommy (“mah”), and more! I say a few two-syllable words, too - pasta (“pah-tah”), water (“wah-tuh”), and doctor (“dah-tuh”). Occasionally I’ll say button (“buh-teh”) when I see one. 

My Personality:
  • I’m very busy, I’m into everything, and I don’t stop for a minute, so keep a close eye on me! 
  • I’m a happy, social girl, and I love to play with other kids. Sometimes I need reminders to be gentle, though. And other times, I’ll give people hugs out of the blue!
  • Sometimes I’m a little shy around new people, especially adults, or in a new place. Just give me a little time and let me warm up on my own instead of pushing me into a new situation, and I’ll be just fine before you know it!
  • I love being sung to, and this is a good way to calm me down if I’m upset.
  • I do the usual toddler things like testing my limits (so far Mommy has been consistent so I learn what’s ok and what’s not), taking toys that other children are playing with, and putting food in my hair.
  • I’m very strong, and sometimes I’ll pick things up and carry them around that seem like they should be too heavy for me!
  • I love to laugh!

Food and Drink:
  • I love to eat, and can eat a lot at a time. Mommy lets me eat as much of what she gives me as I want, but she doesn’t let me eat whatever I want.
  • I’ll eat almost anything, but my favorite foods are cheerios, American cheese, sweet potato, butternut squash, hummous (roasted red pepper is my favorite), yogurt, peanut butter, crackers, cream cheese, green beans, peas, broccoli, fish, and chicken. 
  • I don’t eat any red meat or pork products. 
  • I drink lots of water, and 2% milk, but I only like to drink milk out of a bottle. Mommy hopes I’ll learn to drink milk out of a sippy cup soon! 
  • I don’t drink any juice.

My Naptime:
  • I take one nap a day, starting around 1:00, and usually lasting about one-and-a-half to two hours.
  • At home, I sleep in my crib in a sleep sack, with my Minnie Mouse, and a couple of other stuffed animals.
  • At home, when it’s time for my nap, Mommy closes the window curtain, takes off my shoes, changes my diaper, puts me in my sleep sack, makes sure I have my Minnie Mouse, tells me it’s time for a “little sleep”, puts me in my crib, rubs my back for a few seconds then pats my tush quickly, says, “Have a good sleep”, and leaves the room. Sometimes I cry for a few seconds, but not usually for very long, and sometimes not at all!
  • I like to talk to myself, Minnie, and my other stuffed animals for a while before I fall asleep. 
  • I often like to have a drink of water as soon as I wake up from my nap.

My Family:
  • I don’t have any brothers or sisters. Mommy says she’d like to give me one, but not for a while. 
  • I don’t have a daddy, and I don’t miss having one! My mommy is a Single Mother by Choice, so a donor and a midwife helped her make me. Mommy says it’s always ok to ask her questions about this stuff. 
  • I have a Nana and  Grandpa, and an uncle named Alan and an aunt named Hila (I call her “LaLa”). They all live close by, so I get to see them a lot. We also share a dog named Sydney, who mostly lives at Nana and Grandpa’s house. I love my Sydney, and she’s always very gentle with me. 
  • My family is Jewish. While we’re not very religious, we like the traditions, and we do celebrate the major Jewish holidays. 
I’m very excited to get to come to “school” and to play and have fun with 
other kids while Mommy’s at work. Thank you for having me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment