My parents are here. It's good and bad... I love spending time with them, but sometimes it gets to be too much, you know? And it also means spending lots of time with my sister, who I love, but too much time with her can be really rough. She's a tough cookie!
Yesterday my dad and I went on a segway tour of Boston. My friend had given me 2 groupons she'd bought that were expiring yesterday and she hadn't had a chance to use them. It rained the whole time, but we wore ponchos (and got wet anyway), and it was really fun! Tonight we made dinner at home and played Apples to Apples. It's a really fun game! This week we're going to look at some houses that my parents are interested in seeing, since they're planning to move up here to help me with the baby. Don't get confused - I'm not even planning to start ttc until January - there's no actual baby on the way yet! So they're not ready to make an offer, but they want to start looking around just to get an idea of where they might want to buy. We're also going to a Red Sox vs. Yankees game on Thursday night. And we're going to try to get some things done around my house, like hang up pictures, replace a shower head, possibly find me a new dining room table, etc. I've lived here just over a year, and still haven't done so many things! I want to have the house "finished" before having a baby, so I won't have to worry about that kind of stuff.
There was supposed to be a local SMC meeting today, specifically for those of us in the thinking and trying stages. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, but the meeting was understandably cancelled because of the storm. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the next meeting. Since I work weird days and hours, there's no guarantee I'll be off on the day of the next meeting.
Oh, remember in my last post I was anxiously awaiting my period so I could start taking my BBT and tracking my ovulation? Well, it showed up about an hour or two after I posted! I just went off the pill at the end of July, so I was really hoping my cycle would be regular. So far, so good! I remembered to take my temp before getting out of bed - or even moving much - the first two days. But then today, I was so excited to see what was happening with the weather, that I jumped out of bed to look out the window as soon as I woke up. No sooner had I opened the shade that I thought, "Oh shit! I didn't take my temperature yet!". I jumped (er... got slowly) back in bed and took it right away, and it was exactly the same as it's been the past two days, so I think I'm ok.
hey there,
ReplyDeletethanks for posting on my blog! yes, i would love to meet you. what's the best way to contact you?