Saturday, September 17, 2011

Books

I went to a thrift store today, and I hit the motherlode! Here are the books I got, for $.99 each!:

~What to Expect When You're Expecting
~What to Expect the First Year
~The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
~Mother Shock (Equates being a new mother to culture shock - being in a new place where you don't know your way around, don't know the language, don't know any of the people, etc. The subtitle is "Loving (Almost) Every Moment!" or something like that, and supposedly is made up of about 30 real stories from a woman's first year as a mother. I figure if I can read this book and still want to have a baby, then I'm really ready!

Yes, I fully realize I'm a little early to be buying some of these books, but for $.99?!? Can't pass it up, and can't go wrong. I just stuck them on the shelf for later reading.

Tonight I went out to dinner with the other two women who were newbies at last week's SMC meeting. One is probably going to start trying in November, the other is thinking next spring or summer. So, we're all pretty close together in this process. It was so nice to be able to chat about sperm banks, REs, BBT, choosing a donor, donor sibs, etc. with people who GET IT and who also actually want to talk about such things over dinner! Not to mention also being in their mid-late 30s and single and want to be a mother. I'm hoping we'll continue to hang out and support each other through this journey, and just be friends!


1 comment: