Friday, September 30, 2011

Nightmare about CD3 Labs!

Just woke up a few minutes ago. Woke up from a nightmare about the results of my CD3 labs. Am I obsessed and crazy, or what?!?

In my dream, I had a follow-up appointment with the doctor the next day, but I forgot to ask her about the test results. I don't even know what the appointment was for, it wasn't part of the dream. I think the whole point was that I didn't ask about the bloodwork, and she didn't tell me.

So when I went out to the front desk to check out, I remembered, of course, and asked if the results were in yet. The answer was, "the results are in, but they haven't been read yet". Sort of like with a CT or MRI, where the doc can see the basic results before the scan has been read by an actual radiologist. Doesn't make any sense for bloodwork, but there you go - it was a dream.

So the women behind the desk started talking to another woman, and I thought she was done with me, and I was waiting there to ask how long it would be until I got results, can we have the doctor look at them now, etc. I just couldn't wait any longer to find out the results!

Next thing I know, she hands me a piece of paper with some results written on it, but it wasn't just a simple list of 3 numbers. It was a lot of information about what the results MEANT, and none of it made any sense. There was something about potential malaria, like that had been going on for a while, undiagnosed. WHAT?! And just all kinds of gobbledy-gook that was completely ridiculous and didn't make sense. I stood there at the counter, writing it all down (apparently I couldn't take the piece of paper she'd given me, so I was recording everything that it said onto another piece of paper).

I was freaking out, and called my friend, who'd come with me to the appointment, but found out she had left, and I really needed her. So I was telling her the results as stated on the paper, and that I didn't know what any of it meant. A random woman (I think she might have been a doctor, but was there as a patient or something) heard me and said, I know what this one means - it's easily treatable, you just need Clomid.

Now there was at least something recognizable! I know what Clomid is, at least sort of. So then I was kind of freaking out again, because I know that Clomid increases your chance of multiples, and that scares the crap out of me. I had been pretty much expecting the lab results to be normal, and mean that I can go ahead with trying unmedicated IUIs, so when in the dream I all of a sudden needed Clomid, I was really upset.

Then I woke up. Or at least I don't remember any more.

I've obviously completely lost my marbles!

And I just left a message at my doctor's office to hopefully get the REAL test results... I SO hope I can get them today, and not have to wait all weekend!!!


1 comment: