Jordyn celebrated the new year with her first tooth! Yep, it's just barely there, just barely poking through, but there's most definitely something there. I actually can't decide if I can really "call it" yet - actually say that she has her first tooth as of today. It's so *barely there* that maybe I should give it a couple of days to really be able to see it better to say that she officially has her first tooth... What's the official word on this? When is a tooth a tooth?!
I "celebrated" the new year by getting my period. Yeah, sorry for the TMI, but it's my first period since Jordyn was born, so I'm kinda bummed that it's back. :( Oh well, it was a nice run!
Last night my friend K came over and we spent New Ye.ar's Eve hanging out, first with Jordyn, playing with her and giving her a bath, and then on the couch eating crap, watching the Tim.es Square NYE celebration on tv, and sipping a little bit of champagne after she went to sleep. It was the perfect NYE, in my opinion! As K and I chatted, somehow the subject of me not having gotten my period since Jordyn was born came up, and I wondered aloud if I'd have any "warning", like PMS or cramps or anything, or if it would just show up. And then today I woke up with my period, so turns out the answer to that question was no. I've heard some people's periods are different after they have a baby, so I'm hoping mine will stay light and short, the opposite of how it used to be.
It's crazy that the year that Jordyn was born is over. I mean, I know some people have a baby in late December, and then the year that their baby is born is over within a week or two, but still. I just can't believe how fast time is flying. It's just crazy that Jordyn's almost five months old, she has a tooth, she's eating solids... WTF?! I *really* want time to slow down, even just a little bit. I know I just wrote about this recently, but it's still on my mind, so here we go again. I've been working on Jordyn's baby book, which has led me to look back in my calendar/planner, where I've been keeping little notes on things we've done, almost like a journal. Some things seem SO long ago, like when we went apple picking, and the High Holidays, and her first trip to the camp where I volunteer. And I found her handprints and footprints from the hospital - they were SO small! She's grown so much since then... it's just unbelievable to me how much has changed in so short a time.
I hope everyone had a great end to 2012 and a great beginning to 2013. May this be a wonderful, happy, healthy year for all of us!
I'm convinced my period is coming back any minute - I've been having crampy, bloaty feelings for weeks. If I didn't know better I'd swear I was pregnant, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteI had a ton of warning signs that my period was coming back but didn't realize that was it until it showed up!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you both!!
I seem to have PMS and cramps every month for the last 3-4 cycles...but no period! So weird.
ReplyDeleteI had a low key NYE at my sister's house. We mused about how this time last year she had come home from the hospital with her baby who turned 1 on the 29th, and how her hubby's side of the family still came over to sister's house and celebrated NYE with them. She said she still couldn't believe she allowed it to happen a whole two hours after she got home from the hospital with a newborn and trying to deal with a 1 and 3 year old at the same time.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting a first tooth!!! I wonder what she'll accomplish this year :)
173影音live秀
ReplyDeleteUThome影音視訊聊天室
真人美女視訊直播
台灣甜心視訊聊天室
台灣辣妹視訊聊天室
showlive影音視訊聊天網
live173影音live秀
live173直播平台
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173影音秀ios下載