**The following part of this post was written this morning around 9:30-10:00:
Well, so much for the baby wanting the same midwife to catch her as who helped create her (did the IUI). She's no longer on call.
And the baby's still in my belly. And we're still at home.
My mom came over last night and spent the night. And anything that may have been happening labor-wise petered out. Oh, Claire, I so hope this doesn't go on for two weeks like it did for you!
So now my mom wants me to go with her back to her house. She said I need to be up and moving around, and not just lying on the couch, which is mostly what I've been doing here (although she just went out to pick up something for breakfast, and I'm sitting on the exercise ball while I type this). She said I can walk up and down the hallway at their house, and it's nice and cool because they have central air. And she wants to "see everyone" - my aunt got there last night after she left, and other family are coming into town today (maybe not til much later, and not staying there, but they may come over).
I'm just not feeling it, in terms of going to their house. For one, it's in the complete opposite direction of the hospital. Two, it's basically taking this pot that's been watched from afar, and bringing it to where all the people are (I guarantee my sister will show up there as soon as she hears I'm there) so it can be watched live and in person. My mom still thinks my "watched pot" thing is ridiculous, and says no one is doing that.
Yeah, right.
I had a whole conversation with my mom yesterday about not giving updates to everyone, just the immediate family - my dad, sister, and brother (if he even wants updates). I don't want her texting other family members, or her friends, or whoever, giving a million-and-one up-to-the-minute updates throughout this whole process. Everyone else can just find out that the baby has arrived... when the baby has arrived! And I had her pass on this request to my dad.
So when I called my dad last night to see if my aunt had arrived and what she thinks of their new house, he immediately put me on speakerphone "so I could update everyone at once" - meaning him, my brother, my sister, and my aunt, who were all there at the time.
** Now it's almost midnight, and here's another update before I post this:
My mom and I went out to my parents' house around 12:30-1:00pm. Just got back to my house, and my mom is spending the night again. Obviously, still no baby. The back pain, contractions, crampiness, etc. is pretty much totally gone. Pretty disappointing. :( I was crampy earlier today, and it really did feel like it was against my better judgement to go to their house, but then nothing happened. I do think I lost some muc.ous plug today, though, so I guess that's good. I felt like crap, though, due to my cold, and due to having forgotten to take sud.afed before leaving my house, and they didn't have any at theirs.
I spent most of the day lounging on various couches, chatting with my aunt and three pseudo-cousins who are in from out of town, and with my mom, dad, brother, sister, and dog. And watching the Olympics, and playing games and reading baby.center posts on my phone. And, at times at least, feeling like a watched pot. But to be totally honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been.
Tomorrow's got potential, though. Swimming in the afternoon and then dinner tomorrow at my parents' house, with everyone listed above, plus two other cousins. Everyone knows that my and my mom's presence depends on whether or not I'm in labor.
I already told my mom that I don't want to get up in the morning and go spend the entire day at their house again, because if I'm going to try to get labor going, I'm only comfortable doing that in the privacy of my own home - i.e. walking, walking up and down the stairs, bouncing on the exercise ball, etc. I most certainly do NOT want labor to start while I'm at their house, and especially with everyone else there, too! When I'm there, I'm hoping it DOESN'T happen, but when I'm home, I'm hoping it DOES. So it really doesn't make much sense, at this point, to be spending too much time there, now does it?!
Off to bed soon, in hopes of getting more sleep than I did last night... (slept 12:45-2:00, up to pee, slept 2:00-just about 4:00, up to pee, then couldn't fall back to sleep, starving at 5:00 so made toast, finally back to sleep 6:00-just about 8:00).
I already understand mom wanting to update everyone, that's my mom. And while she doesn't really text, she does like to talk on the phone. Loud and long, ugh. I don't believe dad will be that way though. But mom keeps my aunts, and uncles, up-to-date on my plans whether it was adoption or how I'm getting pregnant (and even though she should have that part down pat now, she still says it kinda weird!)
ReplyDeleteI also can understand wanting to try to get labor moving in the privacy of your own home vs. the gathering place. I would feel it's bad enough being watched, but if I'm moving around, yeah not so much!
Hope your cold is disapaiting (sp I know) and you got some decent sleep. And that you don't go for another two weeks like this :)