Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Inevitable Pain

Ok, well this is just weird.

I know there are things I could do to try to speed things up, like walk a bunch, bounce on the exercise ball, etc.

But since I know that doing those things could lead to labor which means major pain... I can't seem to bring myself to do them!

But that's sort of silly, isn't it, because what's the point of trying to put off the inevitable?

I mean, I know eventually, at some point - soon - I'm going to go into labor regardless of whether or not I do these things... So why not just DO them and maybe get this over with sooner??

I don't know, it's just really hard to bring myself to purposely do something that I know will lead to me being in major pain. And to something that I'm terrified of.

It's like, there's something in my head that says, "oh, be careful, move slowly, don't do anything that could cause pain, just rest on the couch"... even though I know that that's completely ridiculous because I can't prevent it, and I certainly can't prevent it forever!

It's a real mind-fuck, this waiting-for-labor-to-start business!


5 comments:

  1. Maybe your subconscious (<-wow, that is the first time I have spelled that word correctly without spell check, and I even took a philosophy class in college) is trying to tell you to rest and relax so you will have enough energy for labor. I had that same feeling too though. I wanted my house to be clean before I went to the hospital, but then vacuuming (the same afternoon that I was going to be induced) was causing a bunch of cramping so I stopped...like it matter at that point! Listen to your instincts, if they tell you to be lazy I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see what you mean. I think it's normal to feel afraid of labor. In a day or two, you'll be on the other side of the experience with a baby in your arms. Sending you support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she come yet? I bet you feel like a watched pot! Thinking of you and sending "easy labor" vibes your way!

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I did everything I could to start labor, and it was a lot of wasted effort. And I kind of think my labor would've been easier if I hadn't gotten induced.

    So I agree with you... take it easy! She will come when she's ready... and that should hopefully make for an easier labor!

    ReplyDelete