Friday, August 3, 2012

Over It

I'm starting to get over my issue of not wanting to do anything to cause labor to start since it'll mean putting myself into a lot of pain. I think I'm just getting really bored and impatient, and I'm just, as they say, "over it".

So let's get this show on the road!

I just sat and bounced and rocked on the exercise ball for an hour or so while looking up all the natural ways to induce labor. I don't really believe that most of them will actually do any good, but I figure it can't hurt to try a couple.

Walking is out. At least walking outside. It's somewhere around 90 degrees and humid today - my least favorite weather. I hate summer, hot and humid weather even when I'm not pregnant, so I'll stay inside with the a/c on, thankyouverymuch!

I'm not willing to take cas.tor oil, I don't have any red rasp.berry leaf tea (although my mom might buy me some today), I don't have pineapple or eggplant in the house, and I don't have a pump for nip.ple stimulation.

Seems sex is a good option, but ummmm, oh right, wait a minute, I'm an SMC! Sex? What sex? Who would I have sex with?!? And if I didn't have sex to create this baby, seems a little crazy to have sex to try to get her to come out! I guess there's something in sem.en that helps ripen your cer.vix. I don't think mine needs ripening, as it's supposedly already 80% effaced. But even if it did, what am I supposed to do, call up my midwives office and tell them to thaw one of my leftover vials, put it in a syringe, and I'll be right over to pick it up?!? Hmm, I wonder if anyone has ever done that. Doubtful, considering how much a vial costs... Kind of a funny thought, though. And I guess all the sem.en is washed out of IUI vials, anyway. New concept - spe.rm donors simply for the purpose of inducing labor - they could take out the spe.rm and sell the sem.en separately, haha.

My mom is making tofu meatballs for dinner tonight (they are AMAZING, one of my favorite things she makes - you can't tell they're made of tofu), and I told her to put lots of oreg.ano and ba.sil in them. Supposedly those herbs are helpful for inducing labor. And when she said she may go buy a second pack of tofu, I told her to pick up a pineapple while she's at the grocery store. If I'm not already in labor, I'll go to my parents' house for dinner and see if it helps...

So, we'll see. Maybe I'll be at the hospital by sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. My primary midwife is on call tonight, and she's also the midwife who did the IUI that created this baby. Maybe the baby wants to same midwife to catch her as helped create her...

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. ..dinner sounds yummy!!! My mom and dad were over at his parents house for dinner when they had to leave in the middle cause she wasn't feeling good (having contractions). Maybe a family dinner will do the same for you ;)
    Love the do.nor idea of splitting it into two different purposes from the same "specimen". I mean what do they do with the "leftovers" anyways ;)
    I'm with you again on the heat. Same here, over 100 again today. Can't wait (can't believe I'm saying that) for the 80 degree weather tomorrow! Heat wave finally broken after like two months!!!

    ReplyDelete