Thursday, November 24, 2011

10dpiui... OMG... BFP... WTF!!!

Holy.

Shit.














Well, I was right. I seriously overbought sperm. :)
(Just kidding, I know this may not stick, and there are future siblings to think about! (someday!))

Here's the thing... I'm still fairly calm.

I think because I "knew". I really did. I just knew.

So it truly wasn't all that surprising. Even though it still was, in a way (I mean, who'm I kidding?!)

By only 3-4 days post IUI, a couple of people had asked me if I "felt pregnant". I wanted to answer, "I've never been pregnant, so how the hell would I know what it feels like???".

But now I know. And I've known for a few days. All these symptoms, this "feeling weird", not feeling like myself but also not feeling like anything I've ever felt before.

So here I am in Vermont for Thanksgiving. There's not enough room at my aunt's house for everyone, so I'm at a B&B. I was supposed to share a room, but a random twist of fate has me in my very own room. I set out the HPTs last night, got all ready so when I woke up this morning I was all ready to go. I told one of my aunts what I'm doing on Tuesday when I got here, but my other aunt and my uncle both came in last night, so I haven't seen them yet. And more family comes in today. So, I have a lot of "telling" to do today - first of my SMC plans, and then of the BFP. Holy Shit. BFP. First IUI. Go figure...

And yes, I likely will tell everyone, regardless of it being WAY too early... because that's me. And because I can't very well tell my mom, dad, and sister (who know when my IUI was) and no one else. I mean, people are gonna know. It's not that big of a group, and it's not that big of a house. And I'm not that private of a person. So I'm ok with it, because I'll also tell them just how early it is.

I definitely have something new to be thankful for today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! What a great Thanksgiving gift! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow first timer!!! Congrats! You certainly will be having a great Thanksgiving this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! On the first try is awesome...! I'm glad you listened to your body :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *knew* I was pregnant with Finn right after the IUI. I just knew. Looks like you did, too! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's pretty awesome that you are with family and get to tell them your exciting news! Summer babies are great. Best wishes for a happy, healthy, perfect 9 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! What a great Thanksgiving day present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beginner's luck! Yippee! So exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete