Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Momentous

It's just such a momentous thing, having that first IUI. Really it's the feeling you get afterwards, that you just did this Momentous Thing, and that another even more Momentous Thing may result!

I think I did have a little "cramping" yesterday, and even today, but I didn't even mention it in last night's post because I honestly thought it was just gas. And I was gassy yesterday (as I sometimes tend to be). But then when I got in bed last night, when all the craziness of the day was over, and I was just lying there thinking, I realized it wasn't so much of a "crampy" feeling, exactly, but more like a feeling of fullness. A constant feeling, not waxing and waning like period cramps do (at least for me), and not uncomfortable. Does that make sense?

Not that I think this means ANYTHING. I know it doesn't. I'm just saying, I felt it. And still do.

I have this theory that since there are probably thousands of sperm still swimming around in there, and since they probably can't see where they're going, they keep bumping into the walls of my uterus, and that's what I'm feeling.

Haha, don't worry, I'm just joking. It's just a funny picture I have in my head. :)

More likely, it's some minor irritation or something from the fluid they use to replace semen when they wash the sperm. I guess. I have no idea, I just made that up as a potentially likely explanation.

In other news, I got a temp spike this morning, a big one.... 1.1 degrees. So, if nothing else, it seems as though I may have gotten the timing right.

And, here's a weird thing... Last night, as I finally started to fall asleep, I had a really bad dream. It's killing me now that I can't remember what it was, but it was Really Bad. But I knew it was a dream, and I kept telling myself that, and that I should just open my eyes and wake up, and then it would go away. I think I wasn't completely asleep yet, but it was hard to open my eyes, but I eventually did, and the dream went away.

And then the same thing happened again. I don't remember if it was the same dream or a different one, but it was a Really Bad Dream that I knew was a dream, and told myself to wake up, and then did. I looked at the clock, and realized it hadn't been too long since I'd first gotten in bed, so I know I was definitely actually awake at that point, and not still dreaming.

And then eventually I fell completely asleep with no bad dreams, and that was the end of it. I don't think that's every happened to me before, though.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first IUI!! I hope that you are one of the lucky ones where ONE is all it takes!! Now settle in for the craziness that is the 2ww...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes congratulations! Now get lots of sleep and eat well and drink lots of water and think positively. Beyond that, its out of your hands so enjoy the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete