Friday, November 25, 2011

Too Good to Be True??

I can't help but wonder if things are too good to be true.

It's like someone hit the easy button with regards to my decision to become an SMC and my ttc
journey, which was really not so much a journey as a day trip...

It took a single, completely unmedicated, natural-cycle IUI. I'd had a consult with an RE, who took one look at my day 3 labs and my age, asked me a few questions, basically told me to go try to get pregnant elsewhere where it would be cheaper, and to come back if 3 unmedicated natural cycles didn't work and we'd "try a little Clomid." So I went to a group of midwives, some of whom run an alternative insemination program as part of their practice, and will likely continue with them for prenatal care and delivery. I made the decision and went off the pill in July, successfully weaned off of Lexa.pro in August/September, did BBT and OPKs, went in the day after my OPK turned positive in November, did a single IUI, got a big temp spike the next morning, and a BFP on Thanksgiving Day, the first time I tested, 10 days post IUI/ovulation.

Wow. Summed up like that, it really DOES seem crazy. Not trying to make anyone jealous; if anything, I hope it gives others HOPE! And I SO hope this sticks and it's not too good to be true!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to read about another SMCer who got a BFP on her first try...I totally relate to how you're feeling. Even as I sit here with my daughter asleep on my lap, I still can't believe it's all happened & I shake my head & smile. Congratulations! I know it's hard but try not to think too fair ahead. Really allow yourself to enjoy the now :)

    ReplyDelete