Thursday, November 3, 2011

Is He... a Donor??

Does anyone else do this? I see good-looking guys who are about the right age to be your typical, run-of-the-mill sperm donor, and start to wonder if maybe they are.

I live in Boston, which is a) a big college town, and we all know that so many donors are college kids, and b) home to a California Cryobank branch and New England Cryogenic Center.

So, when I went to dinner with my SMC-to-be friend, P, in Harvard Square tonight, and saw some young, cute guys who were well-built and looked as though they may have some good genes, I almost started to laugh. I had to explain what was going on in my head to my friend, and then we were both laughing! P said that her thing is that she sees these young, cute guys and thinks of them as potential mates, which is probably much more normal, even if they are WAY too young, but for some reason, my mind wanders to the sperm bank, and whether or not they've ever visited such a place.

I'm not even wondering if a particular guy could be MY donor, the one with six vials of swimmers ready-and-waiting at my clinic, but just that maybe they're sperm donors in general.

WEIRD.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I have had the exact opposite thing happen earlier this week. One of my coworkers told me she has thought about becoming an egg donor. I couldn't help but think that at 30, her eggs are already considered to be on the older side (not to mention, she is short, overweight, and has extremely horrible skin). She would never make "the cut" nor does she understand the invasive process for egg donation versus sperm donation. It was a sweet thought on her part though.

    ReplyDelete