Monday, November 7, 2011

A Date??

So, there's this guy from a dating website who contacted me, and we've emailed back and forth through the site a few times. He seems like a nice, down-to-earth guy - just my type. To back up a little, I have my profile on several online dating sites, and they've been there for quite some time. Mostly, though (at least lately), I just ignore it and see what happens - I'm NOT really into it. Seeing as how I'm about a week away from my first IUI, I think that's ok!

But this guy... He seems really great, although I've learned to withhold judgement until I meet the guy in person. He mentioned that he has a son, and I asked how old he is (he's 15), and he said "I love children like crazy" (I realize that could be interpreted wrong/weirdly, but I'm pretty sure this was a completely innocent comment!). So, then I asked if he'd like to have more, and his response was... wait for it...

"I'm nuts about kids and if I could be blessed with more, I'd take all I could get however they show up. "

Now, how cool is THAT?!? I mean, I had pretty much written off dating until my future child is like, two or something, but with that answer, I may actually go out with him now! I'm not sure if he thought of EVERY possible way for a child to come into his life, i.e. a woman being not-even-pregant-yet-but-trying-to-be-with-donor-sperm-when-he-first-meets-her as an option, but hey, it counts, right?! So, maybe he actually IS that open-minded, and wouldn't be totally put off by my "situation".

Cool!

Now just remind me not to tell my mom about him, or I'll never hear the end of it...


3 comments:

  1. That's great! i had a blind date shortly before my first IUI, and we never met up again. He was a nice guy (and I didn't bring up my TTC plans at all) however he didn't really like kids. At the very least, you could have an interesting date with a nice guy. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds really promising! Are you planning on meeting him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally be up for meeting him, but now I haven't heard back from him... so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete