Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Early Ovulation??

Today is cycle day 13, but the last two months, I didn't get a positive OPK until day 18, so I hadn't even started testing yet (I was planning to start tomorrow morning). But at work today, I went to the bathroom and... fair warning that TMI is coming!... I found some pretty good EWCM (I think, anyway).

And I started freaking out. Well, not freaking out, exactly, but worrying that I missed my surge, and will therefore have to wait until December for my first IUI, when I've been SO excited to finally have it on or about next Monday. I was worried enough to run over to CVS next door and spent $22 on a pack of 20 CVS-brand OPKs so I could test right away. I work a 12-hour day, and knew I would never last until I got home tonight to test. I SO didn't need those OPKs, as I have plenty at home, and I SO didn't need to spend that $22. But, I did. And the test was negative. Very negative. So who knows what's going on... I'm going to do another one tonight before I go to sleep, just to double check.

What do you trust more, the OPK or the EWCM? Should I just keep testing, and see what happens by cycle day 18? That's my plan, I think. And if I missed it, well... I missed it. What can you do, right? But hopefully the EWCM was just a fluke. Later it seemed not quite so EW, and not quite so stretchy, so maybe it really WAS just a fluke. An expensive fluke, but a fluke.

And what's with CVS-brand OPKs that they all come in one bottle, not individually wrapped, and therefore are only good for 3o days once you open the bottle? WTF? What a waste!

1 comment:

  1. I think I had a similar freakout. It ended in more days of good CM and some CVS OPKs. I have no idea what was up with that. I used them two and three times a day to get rid of them but still ended up with some left.

    ReplyDelete